Dr Duck’s Ax Wax and String Lube
· Perfect for finishing the fretboard
· Clean and polish the entire instrument
· Lubes and restores strings, increases string life
· Pleasant fragrance
· Ideal for protecting guitars in dry or humid conditions
Dr Duck’s Ax Wax and String Lube is quite simply the best organic cleaning, polishing and moisturising formula for your guitar and other instruments. It’s perfect for DIY Guitar builders looking for a safe and effective solution for finishing the fretboard. Dr Duck’s Ax Wax is also ideal for polishing your entire guitar including the headstock, front, sides, back, pickguards, bridge, posts, saddles, machine heads, strap locks, frets and yes – strings too. It’s great for restoring strings, it increases the string life and it helps to prevent fret oxidation.
You get about 120ml which lasts ages. It’s super concentrated so you only need to use a small amount each time. Best of all – it’s safe to use on all sorts of instruments and finishes. Despite it’s name, it contains no wax, no abrasives, no synthetics, no silicones and no acids. Discover why professionals the world over love Dr Duck’s Ax Wax and String Lube.
How to clean/moisturise/polish/condition
- Put 2 or 3 drops on an applicator cloth.
- Start with the back of the instrument and apply using a circular motion, spreading the drop as far as you can.
- Let it sit for two minutes.
- Using a 100% cotton cloth (i.e. not synthetic), buff it out for a full lustre. If it feels a little greasy then you’re not done buffing.
- Pick another part of the instrument and repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.
How to lube strings and improve string life
Use Dr Duck’s when:
- you put on new strings
- when strings start to go dead
- when you suffer from string squeak when you move your fingers over the fretboard
Apply with an applicator cloth and then wipe off excess with a clean polishing cloth.