STRT Guitar Kit – 14 Variations
Clearance price – see description for terms and conditions
This is a clearance price – terms and conditions apply:
- No Returns (except as required by law)
- Community Support Only – if you have a question about your kit, ask it in the forum. You might receive a response from other guitar builders, but not from us. The forum will continue to operate for a time I have yet to decide. Please consider before buying if you have the necessary skills to build your chosen kit.
- No Bonus Pack – the extra strings and things will not be supplied, however these might be available separately in our shop.
- We will only be fulfilling orders twice a week, so delivery times may be longer than normal.
This is Australia’s best beginner DIY guitar kit! It’s easy to build and is inspired by the legendary Fender® Stratocaster®. A great choice if you are a beginner builder or if you just love the look and sound of this classic model. If you’re learning guitar, what better way to become accustomed than to build one yourself!
eBay buyers – you need to select your chosen variation from our eBay store. The variation you’re looking at now is printed in this listing title and displayed as the main photo. If you want a different variation, select the ST Style link at the left of this page and find the one you want.
7 REASONS why our FST-20 is the best value ST style guitar kit in Australia:
1. Quality - There are many entry-level guitar kits on the market, but some are only good for firewood. We’ve seen loads of examples from others that have unacceptable flaws in the wood, twisted necks and shoddy parts. Our version comes from an established factory and has excellent routing, good quality timber and decent pickups.
2. 14 Variations – You can choose either a rosewood or maple fretboard and one of 7 pickguard configurations. No one comes close to providing such a wide variety.
3. Neck and body match – The hardest task in creating a guitar is connecting the neck to the body. The necks for our ST kit – actually all our kits – are specifically made to match each body. This ensures you get a snug, straight fit, every time.
4. Pre-drilled holes – many beginners are intimidated by the thought of drilling into the body and neck. Almost all holes are pre-drilled on this kit, making it super-simple to assemble. You will need to drill the pickguard holes to ensure you get a perfect fit with your chosen pickguard, but creating these holes is pretty easy.
5. Pre-cut headstock – guitar kits often come with a “paddle” shaped headstock that the builder cuts to their desired design. That’s another challenging task for beginners, so we have taken care of this for you, ensuring you’re not left with an ugly head on a beautiful body.
6. Bonus pack – get 4 bonuses valued at $30. The kit includes starter strings, but we add quality D’Addario strings. You also get copper shielding tape which you definitely need. If you’ve played before, you know how noisy single coil pickups get, so we include copper shielding tape to put into the cavities and on the back of the pickguard which will virtually eliminate hum. To top it off, we include some picks and a pick holder.
7. Pre-inspection and packing – no kit leaves our warehouse without the body and neck getting a physical check. Our supplier is pretty good, but occasionally we come across kits that have cracks, dents or unusual “features”. These end up on the seconds pile, so you know you’ll get a great quality kit. We also make sure it arrives in good condition by including extra packaging at the sides and top of the kit. This prevents it shifting during transit which is the major cause of shipping damage.
- Basswood body
- Routed for HSH
- All holes pre-drilled except pickguard holes
- Hard Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard attached
- 21 frets
- Truss rod pre-installed
- All holes pre-drilled
- Pickguard configuration options: white SSS, black SSS, red tort SSS, white HSS, black HSS, red tort HSS, pearl HSS.
- Not sure which to choose? SSS is the traditional, classic sound. Go with HSS if you want more grunt and versatility.
Hardware & Electronics
- Control: 1V, 2T, 5-Way Selector
- Pickups: S-S-S or H-S-S
- Hardware: Chrome or Black
- Bridge: Tremolo
- Pickguard: 7 choices
- Guitar Lead
- Strap Buttons
- Wiring / electronics / switches
- Set of strings
Scale length 648mm/25.5″
Note: Some customers choose to upgrade their parts so the following photos do not necessarily reflect what is supplied with the kit. Click or tap through all the photos at the top of this page and check the description, to confirm the kit contents.
|Dimensions||73 x 50 x 8 cm|