STRT Guitar Kit – Pre-finished Sunburst
Clearance price – see description for terms and conditions
Out of stock
This is a clearance price – terms and conditions apply:
- No Returns (except as required by law)
- Community Support Only – if you have a question about your kit, ask it in the forum. You might receive a response from other guitar builders, but not from us. The forum will continue to operate for a time I have yet to decide. Please consider before buying if you have the necessary skills to build your chosen kit.
- No Bonus Pack – the extra strings and things will not be supplied, however these might be available separately in our shop.
- We will only be fulfilling orders twice a week, so delivery times may be longer than normal.
If the idea of assembling your very own guitar appeals, but you’re not so sure about the finish or cutting the headstock, we have the ideal entry-level solution. This classic Strat style kit is perfect for beginners as the two most challenging tasks have been completed. First you don’t have to worry about finishing the body as we have applied a gorgeous 3-tone sunburst. Second, there is no need to risk wrecking the headstock as it is pre-cut and a clear lacquer finish applied.
Just because the hard work is done, doesn’t mean you’re left with nothing to do. Building this kit is still an enjoyable challenge because there are plenty of other steps including assembly, soldering, installing parts, drilling and setting the string action and intonation. You’ll learn how a guitar works and possibly pick up some new skills. Whether you’re looking for a weekend project for yourself or want to work on an activity with your child or grandchild, this kit provides an exciting introduction to the world of music and guitar kits.
Guitar Kit Contents
- Body – Paulownia timber finished in 3-tone sunburst on front, black on back
- Pickups – preloaded on pickguard and pre-soldered
- Neck – Maple timber with pre-cut headstock, finished in clear lacquer
- Fingerboard – Rosewood (pre-attached)
- Tuning machines – chrome die cast
- Bridge – chrome with tremolo
- Pickguard – 3 ply white
- Other Hardware: chrome
Guitar Kit Specs
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fret: 21
- Control: 1 volume, 2 tone, 5-way selector
- Pickups: S-S-S