Starcaster Style Semi-Hollow
This is a clearance price – see description for terms and conditions
Out of stock
This is a clearance price – terms and conditions apply:
- No Returns (except as required by law)
- Community Support Only – if you have a question about your kit, ask it in the forum. You might receive a response from other guitar builders, but not from us. The forum will continue to operate for a time I have yet to decide. Please consider before buying if you have the necessary skills to build your chosen kit.
- No Bonus Pack – the extra strings and things will not be supplied, however these might be available separately in our shop.
- We will only be fulfilling orders twice a week, so delivery times may be longer than normal.
This kit is a tribute to the cool lines of the rare 70’s Starcaster – Fender’s unsuccessful attempt (at the time) to crack the hollow and semi-hollow market dominated by Gibson’s 335. Fast forward 30 years and the Starcaster has come into it’s own and is seen hanging with the uber hip Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead), Dave Keuning (The Killers), Jamie Cook (Artic Monkeys) and Chris Walla (Death Cab for Cutie).
The kit includes the body, neck, pickups, bridge, machine heads (tuners), volume/tone knobs, neck plate, pickguard, strap buttons, pots, capacitor, switch, output jack, screws, sleeves, bolts, washers, insulated wire, solder, lead, starter strings, allen key.
- Flame Maple veneer top & back
- Semi-hollow Basswood body
- Hard Maple with Rosewood fingerboard attached
- 22 frets
- Truss rod pre-installed
Hardware & Electronics
- Chrome hardware
- Die-cast machine heads
- Humbucker style pickups
- Tune-o-matic Bridge
- 3-ply black pickguard
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3 way switch
Scale length 628mm/24.75″
Valued at $30
- D’Addario strings
- 4 picks in various gauges
- Pick holder
- Copper shielding tape